STEP BY STEP
- You will need a 6 large hole muffin tin.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180C (160C in a fan oven). Slice the tops off the apples and put to one side then core the apples using an apple corer and sit the apples in the tin.
- Add the bread to a food processor and whiz until fine then tip them into a bowl along with the Canderel, dried fruit, mixed spice and lemon zest and juice. Mix well until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the apples and stuff to fill then sit the tops back on them. Cover loosely with foil and put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and the apples are nice and soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes then remove with a large spoon and sit on a serving plate. Serve with some low fat crème fraiche or low fat pouring cream.
Tip: Sitting the apples in a muffin tin helps them to keep their shape. If you haven’t got one sit them snuggly in a roasting tin.
181 KCALS PER SERVING