Lemon and Yoghurt Bundt Cake - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Difficulty 3
- Serves 16
- 225g/8oz extra light spread
- 125g/4oz Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia plus extra for dusting
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g/6oz self-raising flour, sieved plus extra for dusting
- 1tsp baking powder, sieved
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp 0% fat natural yoghurt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Handful poppy seeds
- Melted butter for greasing
- FOR THE TOPPING
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1-2tsp Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
YOU WILL NEED A NON-STICK 8 1/2 INCH/22CM / 1.8L CAPACITY BUNDT TIN, GREASED WITH MELTED BUTTER
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180C (160C in a fan oven) Using the food mixer beat together the butter and Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia until pale and creamy, about 10 mins. Then slowly add the eggs a little at a time along with a little flour to stop any curdling.
- Mix remaining flour with baking powder then using a metal spoon fold it into the mixture then stir in vanilla extract, yoghurt, lemon zest and poppy seeds it should be a dropping consistency. Spoon into tin and shake gently to level then put in oven for about 35-45 mins until risen and golden. To test if cooked, poke a skewer into it and if it comes out clean it is ready. If not, cook for 5 mins more and then test again. Remove from oven, let it rest for a just a couple of mins then invert onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To serve dust lightly with a little Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia and slice to serve, serve with strawberries and low fat crème fraiche on the side.
Cook’s tip: it’s important to brush the tin well with melted butter so the cake will turn out easily (the low fat spread doesn’t work as well for greasing)