Spiced Prawns with Sweet Chilli Sauce - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g raw tiger prawns
- 8 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 5cm/2.5inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Plain boiled rice or fine rice noodles to serve
- FOR THE SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded roughly chopped
- Generous pinch dried chillies (depending on how you like it use more or less)
- 1/2tbsp Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
- 1tbsp rice vinegar or use dry sherry
- Heat half the oil in a wok, add the prawns, season and cook, pushing them around the pan until a delicate pink colour, about 2-3 mins, remove and put to one side. Mix together the sweet chilli sauce ingredients and put to one side.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan then add the shallots, ginger and garlic and stir fry for a couple of mins then add the tomatoes and half the coriander and continue to stir fry for a further minute or two.
- Push the mixture to one side and on a high heat add the sauce and let it bubble a little then tip the prawns back into the pan and stir so everything gets coated. Transfer to serving dishes and top with remaining coriander. Serve with rice or noodles.
Cook’s tip… Make sure you get all your ingredients chopped and ready then it’s just the easy job of throwing them into the wok!