Skinny Ribs with BBQ Sauce - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 4
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm/2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
- 1tbsp dark Soy sauce
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500g pack pork tenderloin
- 6 tortilla breads and salad, spring onions and cucumber slices to serve (optional)
- In the food processor add all the ingredients except the pork, season well and blitz until well chopped. Slash the pork several times then lay it in a dish and pour over the marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 mins if time.
- Heat the griddle pan until hot, remove the pork from the dish and sit it in the pan, brushing with a little of the marinade, leave it to sit until the meat comes away from the bottom of the pan with ease, then turn and brush again, keep turning and brushing with marinade until pork is sticky, lightly charred and cooked through.
- Remove from griddle pan and leave to rest for 10 mins then slice and serve with tortillas breads salad, spring onions and cucumber if using.
Cook’s tip… Using tenderloin instead of ribs really cuts down on the cals without compromising on taste – cooking it on the griddle with the sweet bbq sauce makes this such a tasty dish
Cook’s tip: if you prefer you can cook this in the oven – sit pork and sauce in a roasting tin and cook at gas 6/200C (180C in a fan oven) for about 30-40 mins until golden brown and cooked through