Salt and Chilli Chicken with Spring Onions and Soya Beans - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 4
- 4 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2tsp cornflour
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced lengthways
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 200g/7oz frozen soya beans, soaked in boiling water for 4 mins then drained
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed, whites sliced lengthways and green tops chopped finely
- Handful coriander leaves
- Rice or noodles of your choice to serve
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2tbsp Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tsp Chinese five-spice
- First mix together the sauce ingredients and put to one side. Toss the chicken with cornflour and sea salt and put to one side.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and add the chicken pieces a few at a time, don’t over crowd the pan, cook for about 5-6 mins or until golden and cooked through, remove and sit them on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add remaining oil to the wok and add the white spring onions and chilli and stir fry for 1 mins then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds more then throw in the soya beans and toss everything together, push ingredients to one side, turn up the heat and add the sauce and bubble for a min then stir to combine then add the chicken and stir this though. Add half the green spring onions, mix and cook until wilted then transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining green spring onions and coriander leaves. Serve with plain boiled rice or noodles of your choice.
Cook’s tip… Use turkey or pork if you prefer