Lime and Coconut Tray Bake Cake
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Difficulty 3
- Serves 16
- 175 g low fat spread
- 20 g Canderel Sweetness from a Leaf granules
- 250 g self raising flour, sieved
- 1 tsp baking powder, sieved
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Zest of 2 limes
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp Canderel Sweetness from a Leaf
STEP BY STEP
- You will need a 45cm/8inch square tin, greased and lined with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180C (160C in a fan oven). Add the low fat spread, Canderel, flour and baking powder to a mixer bowl of a food mixer and mix to combine.
- Add the coconut, lime zest eggs and milk and mix well for a couple of minutes until really well combined. Pour mixture into the tin and put in the oven to bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the cake is springy to the touch.
- Remove and put to one side, then mix the lime juice with the Canderel, pierce the top of the cake and pour over. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack, peel away the paper and leave to cool.
- Slice into mini squares to serve. Decorate with lime zest if you wish.
120 KCALS PER SERVING