Healthy Chai Crumb Flapjacks - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Difficulty 1
- Serves 16
- 2tbsp raw honey
- 100g/3 1/2oz rolled oats
- 1tbp Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
- 100g/3 1/2oz pecan nuts, chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp chai seeds
- 50g/2oz dried sour cherries or dried cranberries
YOU WILL NEED A LIGHLTY GREASED LINED 20 CM SQUARE TIN
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180C (160C in a fan oven) add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix really well so all the oats are completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and using a wooden spoon spread out to cover base of tin, press lightly to flatten mixture then put in oven and bake for about 20 mins or until golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely overnight in the fridge then slice into squares
Cook’s tip.. The secret for flapjacks to not fall apart once cooked is to not overcook and leave in the fridge at least overnight or longer to firm up. If they are crumbly, it’s not a disaster, put it in an airtight container and pick at it as required.