Ginger Cookies - Sweet Crunchy Recipe
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Difficulty 1
- Serves 25
- 125g/4oz extra light spread
- 50g/2oz Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp raw runny honey
- 3 balls stem ginger, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g/7oz plain flour, sieved
- 1tsp baking powder, sieved
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda, sieved
- 1tsp ground ginger, sieved
YOU WILL NEED 2 LARGE BAKING SHEETS, LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
- Preheat the oven to gas 5/190C (170C in a fan oven), in the food mixer, beat together the light spread and Canderel Sweet Crunchy Stevia until pale and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix together the egg, honey, stem ginger and lemon zest and juice and in another bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger.
- Now slowly add a little of the wet mixture to the food mixer, beating as you go then add a little of the dry mixture. Continue adding like this until mixture comes together then cover and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to chill if time permits. If not bake straight away, add a tsp of cookie mixture on to the baking sheet, leaving space for spreading. Put in the oven and bake for 8-10 mins until pale golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Cook’s tip.. make the mixture ahead, spoon onto a baking sheet and leave in the fridge overnight ready to put in the oven when required