Festive Pear Chutney - Sugarly Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 8
- Drizzle of rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 25g/1oz Canderel Sugarly
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 125ml/4floz white win vinegar
- FOR FESTIVE ROLL (for 1 person)
- Quarter French stick, sliced down the middle
- Handful of wild rocket leaves
- Handful of ready cooked turkey slices
- 2-3tsp festive pear chutney
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan, add the onion and cook for a couple of mins then stir in the Canderel Sugarly and cook for a few more mins until softened.
- Add the pears, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well to combine then pour in the vinegar, stir again and let it simmer gently for about 20-25 mins until thickened.
- Remove from heat and either let it cool if using straight away or spoon into a sterilised jar to use later. Add a dollop onto a small split French stick filled with rocket leaves and cooked turkey and dig in!
Cook’s tip…You can make this ahead and store in a sterilised jar – the flavours will just get better