Choco Mousse - Sugarly Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 5 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 6
- 1 sheet of gelatine, broken into small pieces
- 50g/2oz 70% or above dark chocolate, broken into bite sized pieces
- 4 cardamon pods, crushed and seeds removed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange and juice of 1/2 + extra zest for decoration
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2tbsp Canderel Sugarly
- 1/2 250g pot quark
- 100g half fat crème fraiche
- 1tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder for dusting
- Sit the gelatine in a small bowl and cover with cold water, and leave to soften. Put the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl and sit it over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from hob and stir in the cardamom seeds, vanilla, orange zest and juice and 2 tbsp boiling water and mix until smooth and leave to cool then stir through the quark and crème fraiche, squeeze the water from the gelatine, return it to a clean bowl and pour in enough hot water to just cover, whisk with a fork then add to the chocolate mix and stir, put mixture to one side.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they begin to peak then whisk in the Canderel Sugarly and whisk again until thickened slightly.
- Now fold half the egg whites into the chocolate using a metal spoon, when all combined, gently fold in the remaining. Spoon into the ramekins or glass dishes to chill for a couple of hours or overnight, dust with cocoa and top with orange zest if using before serving.
Cooks tip..To decorate you could use whatever fruit is seasonal – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or figs all go well with chocolate