Chicken Nuggets with Yogurt and Coriander Dip
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Difficulty 2
- Serves 4
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 tsp Canderel Sweetness from a Leaf granules
- 1 pinch of paprika (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- FOR THE YOGURT DIP
- 300 ml low fat natural yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Canderel Sweetness from a Leaf
- 1 handful of fresh coriander (leaves only)
STEP BY STEP
- You will need a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200C (180C in a fan oven). Add the bread to a food processor and whiz until breadcrumbs then tip out onto a baking sheet and put in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until pale golden. Remove and tip back in the food processor with the Canderel and paprika if using and season with the salt and pepper. Whiz until really fine then tip out onto a plate and put to one side.
- Tip the flour onto a plate and the egg onto another. Now toss the chicken pieces to coat in the flour then dip them each in the egg and finally coat with the fine breadcrumbs. Sit them on the baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes or until golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dip. Add the yogurt, Canderel and coriander to a food processor and whiz until well blended. Taste and season if needed. Serve with the chicken nuggets for dipping
Tip: You could batch cook plenty of the nuggets then leave to cool, place into plastic bags and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost then reheat in the oven or microwave until piping hot.
257 KCALS PER SERVING